WomEnchant Chorus & Drummers is a community ensemble of choristers and drummers, women from diverse backgrounds with a wide range of musical experience. Our performance repertoire features works by women writers and composers including: Nan Thompson, Connie Kaldor, Holly Near, Kim Baryluk, Dakota Butterfield, Carly Simon and Cris Williamson.
We perform music that promotes peace, social justice, respect for the planet, and that demonstrates the power of sisterhood and song to make positive changes in our community and beyond. WomEnchant Drummers’ performance repertoire includes traditional African music as well as compositions written specifically for the ensemble. Drummers perform with the choir and independently.
WomEnchant Chorus & Drummers perform for:
- International Women’s Day celebrations;
- Take Back The Night rallies;
- Benefits for women’s shelters;
- V-Day anti-violence events;
- Fundraisers for various social justice organizations;
- Earth Day celebrations and events supporting environmental concerns;
- Niagara Leadership Summit for Women;
- World AIDS Day benefit concerts in support of the Stephen Lewis Foundation.
We welcome women of all ages and musical ability, who want to learn and perform music that gives voice to our experience and our commitment to making positive changes in the world. We rehearse Monday nights from September to May in Grimsby, to accommodate members from Burlington, Guelph, Hamilton and Niagara areas.